Electric wood planers
If it is necessary to perform large volumes of work on simple planing, then the advantages of electric wood planers over mechanical ones are very significant. On the one hand, the tremendous speed of passing knives through wood greatly increases the productivity of processing.
On the other hand, the electric wood planer brings significant savings, because the processed board costs almost two times more expensive than the raw one.
How it is planing?
The electric motor, thanks to the belt, transmits the rotational movement to the drum. Double-sided knives are fixed on the drum, which removes the wood. To planing was clean, without chipping and hooks, the speed of rotation of the drum must be more than 1200 r / min.
Knives at this speed easily cut not only simple wood but also glued, as well as plastic. In case of deterioration of work, the knives are removed and put back, but by the other side. The sole made of aluminum alloy is divided into two parts: one before, the other after the drum.
So, how much the front handle will lift (adjust) the raising of the front of the sole, so will the depth of the cut. The chips are thrown through the side channel, which protects the face and eyes from injury. In the accessories included in the package, there is an additional stop, which is screwed to the electrical planer, you can choose a quarter. Here you could read more reviews about different models – https://routplanix.com/best-wood-planer-reviews/.
The performance of the electro planer depends on the following characteristics:
- engine power;
- drum rotation speed;
- planing depth;
- drum width.
Spontaneous switching on of the electro planer is excluded, since the switch has an additional lock, therefore, to switch on, it is necessary to simultaneously press the bracket and the button. But, all the same, since the instrument is electric and high-speed, it is necessary to observe increased safety rules.
- Before work, check that the power cord is intact.
- During the work, it is necessary to use goggles and gloves.
- It is necessary to securely fix the workpiece.
- No need to push on the front handle: there are an extra load and the ability to knock down the adjustment of the depth of planing.
- Work better along the fibers.
Reasons for poor work with a wood planer
Often in the processing of wood is not the fault of the planer, but because of inept actions. Here are some examples.
- At the beginning of the planing of the workpiece in the air hangs the back of the sole, at the end – the front. The position of the wood planer is skewed, as a result of which the beginning and end are cut more than the middle. The opposition to this is simple – to put pressure on the other side of the planer, which is on the board, to support and guide the one that is on the weight. A similar bloop can occur in the middle of the board, albeit with side edges, if you do not follow the position of the wood planer relative to its longitudinal axis.
- You should not try to rip off thick chips for speeding up, it is better to walk a couple of times, otherwise, you can screw up the part completely with scuffs. Also, in order to avoid scuffing, it is necessary to follow the direction of the wood fibers: if you scrape against the fibers, scuffing is not avoided.
- If the end face is planed, then, in order to avoid scoring, you must first plane from one edge to the middle, then just as well from the second.
No matter where the board is: in the floor, in the door or in the furniture, in octahedral condition, it is much more aesthetically pleasing, safer and more beautiful than the unstructured one. This is also necessary for its durability, since the treatment of the board with an antiseptic, drying oil, varnish or paint is advisable only after the board is scraped.